PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position will perform the full range of contract administration from pre-award through closeout. Perform correspondence, negotiations, monitoring, change order tracking, modification tracking, sub-contractor document maintenance, contract close-out, file maintenance, and interaction; researches, analyzes, coordinates, develops and maintains documentation.
- Represents the organization as the primary administrative contact on assigned portfolio of contracts.
- Experience with large and small complex contracts and their administration at various phases of the contract performance. Must have experience with FFP, CPFF, CPIF, T&M contract types.
- Must have a complete understanding of contract principles, theories and concepts and be fully knowledgeable of practices, techniques, and standards under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Prepare contract change notices, monitor contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contractor and owner deliverables.
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
- Reviews, redlines and negotiates government and government contractor terms and conditions as well as support the negotiation of non-disclosure agreements. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations as well as provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Interface and coordinate with contractor/subcontractor, intercompany, inter-department and internal department personnel.
- Provide assistance in coordinating, developing and producing proposals.
- Support bid and proposal review, approval, and submission with Proposal group to ensure customer solicitation requirements are met as well as FAR/DFAR and company policy compliance.
- Maintain small business activities as contractually required
- Support Company’s compliance with Government socioeconomic programs and initiatives. Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with company contracts
- Ensure all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Must have excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Government/Aerospace experience is preferred