This position is fully responsible for the project billing process, including responding to management inquiries. The ideal candidate is a professional capable of fulfilling the project accounting and cost reporting requirements of multiple mid-sized projects or singular large project, including day-to day interface with project management, principals and other contractor personnel.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) and Principals-in-Charge (PIC), regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Ensure up-to-date maintenance of contracts that reflect project needs.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expense reports, subcontractor invoices, and other invoices as necessary.
- Ensure that every trade or subcontractor is in compliance with the terms and conditions of his/her contract documents.
- Analyze the P & L accounts monthly, as assigned by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Examine costs to establish agreement with the contract, policy, etc.
- Generate and distribute monthly profitability reports.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PICs, PMs and others.
- Provide year-end support for the main office, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Interface with corporate accounting staff in dealing with billing issues and profit recognition.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or equivalent
- 2-4 years accounting experience in construction or similar industry.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Proficiency in current corporate software packages, as well as standard office equipment.
- Should possess self-management skills and ability to work with limited supervision, basic computer skills and competency.
Mid-level Project Accountant
We are a general contracting firm specializing in Aerospace, Heavy Civil, and Marine Construction headquartered in Rockledge, Florida. As a third-generation contractor, we have an immense knowledge of construction management and has successfully completed projects of a wide array of industries. We are a highly respected firm receiving much of our business based on the outstanding quality of work, our integrity and the ability to complete a project safely, on time and within budget while meeting customer performance requirements. This company has been in business for 27 years and has demonstrated the ability to design and construct very complex and often unique large-scale structural steel and concrete projects.