Space Coast, FL
After successfully completing Phase I, JP Donovan is honored to have been selected as the General Contractor for Phase II of the Mobile Launcher project at Kennedy Space Center, Florida.
Phase II will consist of installing and integrating ground support equipment onto the existing Mobile Launcher and modifying the structure as needed for installation.
Learn more about the project and mission:
Mobile Launcher Upgraded to Launch NASA’s Mammoth “Journey to Mars” Rocket Universe Today, 9/29/2015
NASA Selects Contractor to Prepare Launch Structure for Agency’s Journey to Mars, NASA.gov, 8/13/2015
Local Contractor Lands Third NASA Launchpad Contract, Orlando Sentinel, 8/17/2015
PROJECT SCOPE INCLUDES:
- Installation and testing of Cryogenic Subsystem, fabrication of frames and structural supports
- Installation of Ground Support Equipment, fabrication of frames and structural supports
- Installation of Environmental Control Systems
- Installation of Fluid and Electrical systems (including 19 subsystems), fabrication of frames and structural supports
- Installation of Hydraulic and Pneumatic Subsystem, fabrication of frames and structural supports
- Installation of Ground Cooling Subsystem, Hypergol Subsystem and HAASP Subsystem
- Modifications to the existing structure and facility systems including structural framing, blast shields, heat shields, platforms, ladders, stairs, floor surfaces, walls, guardrails, HVAC, plumbing compressed air piping, fire protection and wash-down water spray systems, ignition over pressure/sound suppression water system, fire detection and alarm systems, life safety system/oxygen deficiency monitoring system, electrical power, lighting and grounding